It's getting close to Christmas and, with the mild weather, we have to make our own snow! Try this simple and delicious recipe for Pecan Snowball Cookies. Light and nutty, with just the right amount of sweetness, they're the perfect partner for a warm drink.
Marilu's Market has everything you need to make them and to do all of your Christmas baking. Make some hot chocolate, turn on some Christmas music and get into the spirit of the season!
Pecan Snowball Cookies
Ingredients: 1 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup sifted confectioner's (icing) sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffly. Sift in flour and salt and mix with butter mixture.
3. Stir in pecans.
4. Dust your hands with icing sugar and roll dough into 1 inch balls.
5. Place 2 inches apart on pan and bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Cool for 15 minutes and then roll them in icing sugar.